8.23.2009

"I WAS A QUEEN, & YOU TOOK AWAY MY CROWN."

New York City -I'm a Styling and Marketing student at LIM College and last semester I took fashion styling with Professor Palladino, who used to be the studio services executive at Bendel’s. We shot with Michael Creigh who is also a Professor at LIM College but also a very established and talented photographer. We had to choose between several iconic French women. Naturally my group chose Marie Antoinette. Our assignment was to modernize our female icon to the new millennium. I chose to recreate my favorite scene from the recent flick where Marie is shopping in her bedroom for a new pair of shoes. I wanted to emphasize the poor little rich girl aspect and keep my Marie a bit aloof. My goal was for the emotion to come across that even though Miss Antoinette had all the things in the world she ever desired she was still lacking the ultimate happiness which she will most likely never obtain. Let the eat cake! PS. If you didn’t notice the title of the last posting is the original French proverb "Let them eat cake" before being translated into English, interesting enough it directly translates to. I hope you enjoy these shots.
 xx Lola
                                                       

2 comments: